Choosing how to diaper your infant is a personal choice. However, with so much debate among parents over which diapers to use, cloth diapers still appear more convenient than other diapers on the market. A baby goes through about 6000 diapers throughout their lifetime on average. Disposables degrade in around 500 years, which means that the very first nappy ever worn is still in a landfill someplace, which is a large number of diapers.
But, regardless of your opinion or your reasons, if you are still unsure about which baby cloth diapers to use, what washing schedule to follow, or what supplies you will need if you are starting with cloth diapering, then keep reading because this article by SuperBottoms will help you understand more newborn cloth diapers and what are the best cloth diapers in India for the baby.
10 Things To Consider Before Starting Your Cloth Diapering Journey
Here are the ten things that you should consider before starting your reusable cloth diapers journey:-
1. Budget: Baby diapers can be a more cost-effective long-term option than disposable diapers. However, you may invest money upfront to purchase the required reusable cloth diapers and accessories.
Considering your budget for reusable cloth diapers, you will require 16 SuperBottoms cloth diapers throughout your diapering journey, saving a significant amount of money in the long term. Apart from that, you can purchase 4 to 6 Dry Feel Langots in case of an emergency or give your youngster some diaper-free time.
2. Types of cloth diapers: There are different types of cloth diapers available, including prefolds, fitted, pocket diapers, and all-in-ones. Each type has advantages and disadvantages, so do your research and consider your preferences and lifestyle when choosing the right style.
3. Convenience: Reusable diapers can be convenient in terms of fit and comfort for your baby, as you can adjust the sizing and choose different materials based on your baby's needs. Some parents also find it to be easier on their baby's skin than disposable diapers containing chemicals and fragrances.
4. Laundry: Cloth diapering requires frequent washing, so you must develop a laundry schedule that works for you. Select a safe and mild detergent for cloth diapers, such as SuperBottoms laundry sheets, that is suitable for all kids' and infant garments. It keeps them ultra clean, soft, and extra-lovable as it contains no toxins, is entirely dissolvable, leaves no residue, and is thus great for cloth diapers. Here's a simple four-step washing process to get you started on your cloth diapering journey.
Limited Offers Ending Sooner - BUY NOW
Now or never offers live on the SuperBottoms website. Take advantage of the never-before Good Value for Money on our offer page! Stock up on the bestselling UNO diapers, accessories & other popular SuperBottoms baby and mom products now available in deals and discounts.
HURRY, the Deals are Live till stocks last!
4A • Pre-wash: Remove solid waste from the diaper and store it in a diaper pail or wet bag. Then, run a cold rinse cycle with no detergent to remove urine or feces.
4B • Main wash: Wash the diapers on a hot cycle with a cloth diaper-friendly detergent. Follow the detergent's instructions for the correct amount based on the load size. You can also add a small amount of bleach or oxygen bleach to sanitize the diapers.
4C • Rinse: Once the wash cycle is complete, run an extra rinse cycle to ensure all the detergent has been removed.
4D • Drying: Finally, dry the diapers on low to medium heat or hang them to dry in the sun. Avoid fabric softeners as they can reduce the absorbency of the diapers.
5. Diaper Change Routine: To prevent diaper rash, you'll need to create a diaper change routine that works for you and your baby. Consider how many reusable cloth diapers you'll need per day, how often you'll need to change them, where you'll change them, and which diaper cream will be best for your baby.
6. Storage: Before you search for the best cloth diapers in India, consider how much storage you will require by switching to reusable cloth diapers. Dirty cloth diapers must be stored until they can be washed.
With such cloth diapering concerns, SuperBottoms Wet Bags or Multipurpose organizers, can come to your rescue as these simple yet effective storage solutions can be super effective in organizing your frequently-accessed essentials such as cloth diapers, padded pants, XtraHydrating wipes, and so on. Furthermore, because they are composed of 100% cotton, they are safe and allow for convenient usage based on your specific needs.
7. Free Size: Reusable diapers come in various sizes and fits, but they come with the hassle of replacing them as your baby ages. To avoid this hassle, SuperBottoms diapers, such as the Free Size UNO, come with adjustable snaps that you can snap on the top or bottom row depending on the length required, making it ideal for babies ranging in age from 3 months to 3 years.
8. Cloth Diaper Accessories: You may need additional accessories like diaper liners and diaper creams. Make sure you have everything you need to make cloth diapering a success.
9. Daycare and Babysitters: If you plan to use newborn cloth diapers at daycare or with a babysitter, ensure they're on board and know how to use them properly. You may need to provide them with extra supplies, such as liners and booster pads.
10. Support: Cloth diapering can be challenging initially, so be patient with yourself and your baby as you adjust. Finding the right fit, washing routine, and overall approach that works best for your family may take time. Consider joining a support group or seeing a cloth diapering community like Parent Tribe to help you through the process and let you explore more about the best cloth diapers in India.
In recent years, newborn diapers have become an excellent choice for parents looking for an eco-friendly, cost-effective, and comfortable diapering option for their baby. However choosing the right cloth diapers for your newborn can seem overwhelming, but with little research, you can find the best option for your family.
MESSAGE FROM SUPERBOTTOMS
Hola, New Moms and Dads! We at SuperBottoms ensure you have the best and safest products for your babies, no matter what corner of India or the world you are in. SuperBottoms is appropriate for your baby's sensitive skin throughout their Cloth Diapers journey, in any season, and also offers Padded Underwear for women. If you reside in Canada, Kuwait, the United States, Qatar, Hawaii, Bahrain, Armenia, the United Arab Emirates, or the Philippines, SuperBottoms is an essential product for you and your child.