Newborn baby skin is very delicate; thus, it also needs a routine, a bit of extra care, and products formulated especially for their age and skin. In addition, skin rashes and allergies can be very painful for babies. Thus, baby skincare becomes even more important. This article will help you understand some tips and tricks to keep newborn skin safe and protected. Explore on!
Skincare for Newborns
As soon as the babies are born, they can develop a variety of skin conditions such as cradle cap, diaper rash, milia, infantile acne, and others. And because the baby's skin is so delicate, you must treat it with extreme caution.
Newborn skin care is not a complex process to master. But because every child has different skin and might have allergies or skin issues that you as parents might not realize unless there is a trigger, in the initial few weeks, you need to be very vigilant and choose the products and routines that suit their skin. So, here are some important tips and things to keep in mind while choosing your newborn baby essentials like cloth diapers, swaddles, baby blankets, and newborn skincare routines.
◾ While Bathing
Bathing is the most basic of all baby skincare routines that start from the time one is born. But bathing a tiny little human for the first time, or even the first few weeks, can be scary for new parents.
You might wonder - how to hold them, what products to use, the temperature of the water, etc. There might be a million questions in your mind! Check out our article How to Bath a Newborn Baby to get all your questions answered.
◾ While Diapering
The biggest skin issue that diapering brings along is diaper rash. However, you can avoid diaper rashes if you keep a few things in mind.
1. Choose cloth diapers over disposable diapers to avoid plastic and chemicals contacting your baby’s delicate skin and genitals, thus causing rashes.
2. Change the diaper frequently.
3. Give your baby diaper-free time at least once a day between diaper changes to let the skin air dry completely.
4. Follow a proper wash routine for your SuperBottoms cloth diapers.
◾ While Using Baby Products
It is important to moisturize a newborn baby’s skin, as it loses moisture faster and can get dry and itchy. But choosing the correct personal care products is equally important. Keep the following in mind.
1. Choose products that are free from any harsh and harmful chemicals and toxins.
2. Look for brands that are certified safe by a trustworthy testing agency.
3. Avoid products that have added fragrance or synthetic colors.
4. Make sure you read the label and check what goes inside your baby skincare products.
◾ Dry Skin Problems
It is very normal for young babies to develop small dry and flaky skin patches as their skin can lose moisture easily. Usually, massaging with good, season-specific massage oil can help deal with this problem, and using a thick moisturizer after the bath is also helpful.
Keep the same points mentioned above while choosing a product for your baby’s dry skin. If the skin is still patchy and flaky after a few days, this might indicate a skin allergy or a rash. Consult your pediatrician and get the product recommended by them for your baby’s skin.
◾ Skin Allergies
It is very common for babies to have skin allergies and rashes till the age of one year. Unlike us grown-ups, babies cannot control the urge to scratch a rash and end up with an infection. Thus, it is vital to identify an allergy or a rash in the initial stage and get proper treatment. You can read about Skin Allergies in Babies in our article.
Skin being the largest organ in the human body and most exposed to the external environment, needs to be taken good care of. Following a good routine & ensuring the right products will result in all giggles and no allergies and skin troubles!
1. Extra Care: Baby’s skin is so sensitive, it requires a regimen, some extra care, and products designed just for their age and skin.
2. Select the Right Diaper: Use cloth diapers over disposable diapers to avoid plastic and chemicals reaching your baby's delicate skin.
3. Seek Expert Advice: Consult your pediatrician and obtain the product they prescribe for your baby's skin.
MESSAGE FROM SUPERBOTTOMS
Hello there, Moms and Dads! Despite its Indian origins, many of its products are suitable for children all over the world. If you live in Canada, Kuwait, the United States, Qatar, Hawaii, Bahrain, Armenia, the United Arab Emirates, or the Philippines, SuperBottoms is an absolute must-have for you and your child.