Motherhood is a beautiful journey with its own set of challenges. While you may be battling postpartum depression and sleepless nights, many of you may face issues breastfeeding your little one. Most mothers face difficulty breastfeeding their babies due to insufficient breast milk production. Have you found yourself in a similar situation?
If so, it can be frustrating and agonising to feed your newborn baby enough or calm hunger pangs simply because your body is not producing enough breast milk. However, what if we tell you there is a natural solution to this problem? In this article, we have highlighted some natural remedies and ayurvedic medicine to increase breast milk, so continue to read further.
Common Causes of Low Breast Milk Supply
Before we provide you with herbal remedies, let us understand the root cause of low breast milk production in most lactating mothers -
1. Had breast surgery in the past months or are taking medication that impacts the milk supply.
2. You are not regularly breastfeeding your baby.
3. Commenced breastfeeding your baby late.
4. Have diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, hypothyroidism, and other medical conditions.
5. You have delivered a preterm or premature baby.
6. If you have any stress, anxiety, or postpartum depression is likely to hamper breast milk production.
Ayurvedic Medicines to Increase Breast Milk Supply
Lactating mothers often face several hardships in feeding their little ones, be it nipple biting or finding the proper breastfeeding technique. However, one of the most common challenges faced by new moms is the lack of breast milk supply. Breastfeeding is not only crucial for the child but also for the mothers, which is why we have provided a list of ayurvedic remedies to boost your breast milk supply -
1. Fennel Seeds: Fennel seeds are one of the most healthy foods to increase breast milk supply since it has phytoestrogens, similar to estrogen, which is a hormone that helps in producing more milk.
Ways to Use: You can include fennel seeds in your daily diet routine in the following ways -
A. Infuse fennel seeds in hot water for a few minutes to make tea; then, add honey for sweetness.
B. You can also chew a spoonful of roasted fennel seeds a few times daily.
Limited Offers Ending Sooner - BUY NOW
Now or never offers live on the SuperBottoms website. Take advantage of the never-before Good Value for Money on our offer page! Stock up on the bestselling UNO diapers, accessories & other popular SuperBottoms baby and mom products now available in deals and discounts.
HURRY, the Deals are Live till stocks last!
2. Torbagun Leaves: Indeed a magical herb for lactating mothers, ban gun leaves are popularly used in Bataknese cuisine and have been used for centuries to boost breast milk supply in mothers.
Ways to Use: You can use this magical herb in several ways by adding them to-
A. cup of boiling water to make some tea
B. your soup
C. vegetable preparation, etc.
3. Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek seeds are one of the best herbs for boosting breast milk supply in new mothers. These seeds contain diosgenin and phytoestrogen and are loaded with galactagogue, which makes them great for nursing mothers who want to enhance their breast milk supply.
Ways to Use: You can include fenugreek seeds in your daily diet routine in the following ways
A. Take a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds and boil them in water.
B. Strain the seeds, and add a teaspoon of honey and a pinch of turmeric.
C. Drink this magical tea at least 2-3 times a day.
D. You can also mix fenugreek seeds sprouts with salad or veggies.
4. Shatavari: Shatavari is one of the best medicine to increase breast milk supply in women with lactation problems. This herb has galactagogue properties which help to increase the production of prolactin and corticoids, which boost breast milk production.
Ways to Use: You can use this herb by mixing it in water or by taking some Shatavari herbal supplements to increase your breast milk supply.
5. Cinnamon: Yet another ingredient that works as an ayurvedic medicine to increase breast milk supply is cinnamon. It is a fragrant herb used to enhance the flavors of many culinary dishes. Cinnamon has been used since ancient times to increase the milk flow in nursing mothers and also helps to enhance the flavor of breast milk.
Ways to Use: You can include cinnamon in your daily diet routine in the following ways -
A. Mix a pinch of cinnamon powder in warm water, including half a teaspoon of honey
B. Add a pinch of cinnamon powder to the milk.
6. Cumin Seeds: Cumin seeds are a widely used condiment in Indian cooking and are also considered an effective remedy for curing low breast milk supply in lactating mothers. In addition, these fragrant seeds are loaded with iron and help provide much-needed energy to nursing mothers.
Ways to Use: You can include cumin seeds in your daily diet routine in the following ways -
A. Add a spoonful of cumin seeds with sugar and have it with warm milk before your bedtime.
B. Add a spoonful of roasted cumin seeds to daily dal, vegetables, salads, or curries.
7. Garlic: Garlic is an effective ayurvedic herb that is beneficial for increasing the breast milk supply. It also helps to enhance the flavor of breast milk if the nursing mother consumes it regularly.
Ways to Use: You can use garlic in any form in your daily cooking or even eat 2-3 raw garlic cloves daily.
Safety Measures to Take Before Using Ayurvedic Herbs
The list of ayurvedic medicine to increase breast milk supply that we have provided above needs to be taken with care and precaution, some of which we have listed below for your ready reference -
A. Consult your lactation specialist before including these ayurvedic herbs in your regular diet.
B. Make sure that you consume herbal supplements from a reputed brand only.
C. At times herbs can also cause toxicity, so talk to your lactation specialist or doctor before taking them.
D. Taking herbs without consulting your doctor may lead to fatal complications if you are pregnant.
E. It is best to avoid the herbs to which you are allergic.
1. Include Natural Foods: Including natural foods in your daily diet can boost your breast milk supply.
2. Stay Calm: If you are postpartum depressed, it is likely to hamper breast milk production.
3. Safety Measures: Before integrating ayurvedic herbs into your diet, speak with a lactation specialist.
MESSAGE FROM SUPERBOTTOMS
Hola, New Moms and Dads! We at SuperBottoms ensure you have the best and safest products for your babies, no matter what corner of India or the world you are in. SuperBottoms is appropriate for your baby's sensitive skin throughout their Cloth Diapers journey, in any season, and also offers Padded Underwear for women. If you reside in Canada, Kuwait, the United States, Qatar, Hawaii, Bahrain, Armenia, the United Arab Emirates, or the Philippines, SuperBottoms is an essential product for you and your child.