Parenting is all fun and no extra work – said no new parent ever! Parenting is a lot of fun, cuddles, love, bonding with your newborn, and all the cute adorable moments you have. But if anything is bothering your child, they are in pain or going through a phase of health issues; it breaks the heart of a parent. Thus, everything a parent chooses for the baby has to be of the best and superior quality to avoid such problems as diaper rashes, side effects, and pain.
This article will discuss the diaper side effects and what alternatives you can use to avoid disposable diapers that come with these diaper side effects to keep your baby safe!
SIDE EFFECTS OF DIAPERS
1. Skin Rashes – Considering India's hot and humid climate, disposable diapers are more likely to result in diaper rash due to the use of toxins and chemicals used for their production. On the other hand, cloth diapers are hardly known to have any diaper side effects or cause rashes. But, if the cloth diapers are not correctly washed, or there is detergent build-up due to using excessive detergent or a detergent that is not suitable for cloth diapers, the build-up can also lead to rashes. SuperBottoms UNO cloth diapers are easy to wash, and if you use a baby laundry detergent that is formulated specifically to wash diapers, the chances of having rashes are further reduced.
2. Allergic Reaction – Sometimes, the rashes caused as a part of the diaper side effects are not due to the chafing or irritation of the skin. Sometimes the rashes can be the diaper side effects due to an allergic reaction to a specific chemical present in the disposable diapers. In an independent study conducted by experts published in the Times of India, Phthalates are present in most disposable diaper brands, even the most popular ones. (1) These chemicals can lead to allergic reactions and rashes on your baby's delicate skin.
Limited Offers Ending Sooner - BUY NOW
Now or never offers live on the SuperBottoms website. Take advantage of the never-before discounts & deals on our offer page! Stock up on the bestselling UNO diapers, accessories & other popular SuperBottoms baby and mom products now available in deals and discounts.
HURRY, the deals are live till stocks last!
3. Urinary Infection – Disposable diapers are super absorbent and can soak up multiple pees. In addition, the chemicals used in them solidify the pee and convert it into a gel-like substance; thus, the baby does not feel the moisture or dampness on the skin. Nonetheless, the pee is still there and in contact with your baby's skin and urinary tract. This prolonged exposure to stale urine can lead to severe urinary infections for your little one. Thus, it is advised to use cloth on the bum that, although equally absorbent, will not solidify and store the pee near your baby's crotch. It is also recommended to keep changing your baby's diapers every few hours for the same reason.
4. Suppressed Immunity – Falling sick for babies is not very uncommon, but certain things can become a vicious cycle. For example, using disposable newborn baby cloth diapers can lead to frequent infections. This suppresses immunity and leads to further frequent infections. Also, disposable chemicals and volatile organic compounds can lead to ailments and suppress your child's immunity. This is one of the worst diaper side effects for a growing baby.
5. Fungal Infection – Prolong and constant exposure to dampness and moisture from the pee to your baby's skin can make your baby's skin a breeding ground for bacteria and fungus. If not cleaned frequently and proper hygiene is not maintained, this can lead to fungal infection in your baby's private areas.
WHAT'S THE ALTERNATIVE TO AVOID DIAPER SIDE EFFECTS
So, what's the alternative to disposable diapers if there are so many side effects of diapers? Thankfully, other safer options can protect your baby from all those side effects. So, let us have a look at those alternatives!
A blessing for the environment, as well as for your baby's skin, Newborn cloth Diapers are best for your baby's bum. Cloth diapers are adjustable, reusable, washable, sustainable, and do not contain any harsh chemicals that can harm your baby's delicate skin. For many reasons, cloth diapers are a better choice any day than disposable diapers.
There are two types of diaper liners that can be a safer alternative to save your baby's skin from diaper side effects – disposable diaper liners and washable diaper liners. As the name suggests, disposable diaper liners are one-time-use liners and can be thrown away once the baby has pooped. The more sustainable choice, the washable diaper liners, can be used for years if properly maintained.
SuperBottoms Free Size UNO
SuperBottoms Free Size UNO is a high-performance cloth diaper that combines the skin-friendliness of langot with the durability of disposable diapers, making it an excellent choice for any parent. They are made up of 100% organic cotton which is extremely safe for the baby's sensitive skin.
It lasts for about 10-12 hrs for most average to heavy-wetting babies when used along with the booster pad. However, if your baby is very heavy wetter, you can add a Very Heavy Wetter Booster Pad for extra absorption.
This will not only help you save money in the long term, but it will also be extremely comfy for your baby.
1. Select the Right Material: Disposable diapers might irritate your baby's sensitive skin, so choose a 100% organic cotton material.
2. Wash every day: It is advisable to wash reusable cloth diapers every day, especially during the rainy season.
3. Maintain a Decent Stash: Changing diapers frequently is an excellent way to keep things hygienic and stash maintained.
MESSAGE FROM SUPERBOTTOMS
Hello, parents and dads from all around the world! Although SuperBottoms is an Indian business, the goods produced by a team of parents are suited for children all around the world. So, no matter where you live - Canada, Kuwait, the United States, Qatar, Hawaii, Bahrain, Armenia, the United Arab Emirates, or the Philippines - SuperBottoms is for you and your child!