Structured play and scheduled playtime give children something to look forward to and keep them excited for the upcoming playtime. Of course, when kids are in school or day care, it is easier for them to have this structured playtime. But, if your child has not yet started school or is on vacation, it calls for your time and effort to plan some activities for kids at home. This article by SuperBottoms will help you plan some activities to do with kids at home. Children may become restless and unsure of what is going on when structuring and routine break down, especially when the babies are very young and can't fully comprehend what is happening around them. Thus, having the child engaged in some meaningful and enjoyable indoor activities for kids will help bring a feeling of normalcy back.
Here are some fun activities for kids that do not need elaborate planning but are fun for children.
• Watering plants: Whether you're a complete plant lover and have a vast green space, or just a few pots around the house, or have some seeds in your kitchen. You could keep your little one engaged by giving them the responsibility of caring for the plant herself. You can also teach a little science by germinating seeds available in the kitchen and showing your little one the whole process of how plants grow. Make sure your kids are wearing comfortable Everyday Wear while gardening.
• Bubble Play: Kids love popping bubbles, and sometimes so do we grownups. Mix some liquid dish soap, 2 tsp sugar, 2 tbsp glycerine, and water to make your child's bubble solution, whether you have a newborn or a toddler! Ensure that you do this activity in an open space like a park, veranda, etc., so your baby does not run into furniture and hurt themselves while chasing the bubbles. Also, make them wear Padded Underwear while out to avoid any accidental peeing.
• Meditation: Have your toddler practice deep breathing techniques or a peaceful shut-eye for a few minutes. This won't work much longer than a few minutes if your child is very young, but even a minute or two might keep you sane when all around you is going crazy!
• Puzzles: Have a few simple puzzles in a busy bag that your child can go to alone and keep occupied without needing much assistance helps. This will help you get your regular chores done in the meanwhile
• Makerspace: A maker space can be a great idea for times like these. At a low table, set up a tinkering space with some glue, toilet paper tubes, clothing tags, old business cards, scraps of waste cloth, cereal boxes, straws, cardboard, empty bottles and jars, buttons and bottle caps, newspapers and other items that can make for a great craft project. Let your child go crazy with their imagination!
• Just Watching: Set up a comfortable chair at a window if you stay in a place with plenty of birds. Have them count the various types of birds that they see. If you live in a busy city away from birds and trees, have them practice watching people or count objects like black cars, stray dogs, number of buses that pass by.
• Help with cooking: When you have your cooking to do, it can be hard to get things done while also ensuring that the little ones aren't turning the house upside down. So, it is a great idea to help them wash veggies before you cut them or keep them busy next to you, with dough and some cookie cutters. Making rainbow rice with some food colour is always thrilling for the little ones! Make your baby wear Waterproof Cloth Bib to avoid messing their clothes up while helping you in the kitchen.
Whether it be a school break, vacation time, weekend or evening time at home, these stay-at-home kid activities can make your time with your baby super fun! Try these kids' creative activities at home and let us know how they went in the comments. Also, let us know how you have engaged your babies and toddlers. We're always open to fresher ideas!
Super hugs & Stay Safe!
Note From SuperBottoms – Hello to all mothers and fathers of cute babies of the world! SuperBottoms is always working hard to bring you superior-quality products designed by parents for parents. As a result, SuperBottoms' quality is unmatched, and it complements the sensitive skin of newborn babies and new mothers worldwide, whether in India, Qatar, the UAE, Canada, the United States, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait, or Bahrain!