Choosing the proper nutrition during pregnancy is extremely important for your and your baby’s health. Your food choices directly influence your baby's development and health. Hence, all moms-to-be make conscious food and lifestyle choices during their pregnancy journey.
Each trimester of pregnancy brings in new developmental changes in your baby. And to ensure these developmental milestones are not hampered, you must eat the right and balanced diet. Your doctor would have already recommended healthy food and fruits in your diet.
But we are here to talk about dry fruits and, more specifically, about eating apricots during pregnancy. So if you are wondering whether apricots in pregnancy are safe to consume or not, continue reading further!
Is Eating Apricot During Pregnancy Safe?
The Apricot is a fruit belonging to the category of dry fruits. It is an excellent source of calcium, iron, potassium, phosphorus, and vitamins A, C, and E. So to answer your question, if it is safe to eat apricots in pregnancy, it is safe!
Apricot belongs to the Rosaceae family and can be included in your pregnancy diet as it has immense health benefits. You can safely consume 1-2 kernels in a day. But ensure you wash the fruit thoroughly to eliminate harmful chemicals and pesticides.
Health Benefits of Eating Apricot During Pregnancy
The following are the potential health benefits of apricot during pregnancy -
Limited Offers Ending Sooner - BUY NOW
Now or never offers live on the SuperBottoms website. Take advantage of the never-before discounts & deals on our offer page! Stock up on the bestselling UNO diapers, accessories & other popular SuperBottoms baby and mom products now available in deals and discounts.
HURRY, the deals are live till stocks last!
1• Relief from constipation: Apricots are a rich source of fibre, and eating them during pregnancy can help you overcome constipation and improves digestion. Pregnancy symptoms like gas, bloating, and constipation can irritate you, but consuming apricots can help relief.
2• Helps to treat Anaemia: Apricots are rich in iron and copper, which are adequate nutrients for increasing the haemoglobin level, thereby preventing anaemia during pregnancy.
3• Promotes eye health: Apricots are a rich source of beta-carotene, which is beneficial for improving eye health. Eating apricots can help take care of your eye health during pregnancy.
4• Maintains blood sugar levels: Apricots during pregnancy help to keep the blood sugar levels under check by controlling the blood glucose levels. Hence, you are less likely to suffer from gestational diabetes during pregnancy.
5• Helps in baby’s development: Recommending apricot for pregnancy tops our list because it is not just beneficial for mothers but even for babies. For example, the presence of folic acid in apricots helps prevent the risk of congenital disabilities such as spina bifida in newborn babies. Moreover, apricots are loaded with essential nutrients that benefit your baby’s growth and development.
6• Beneficial for skin: Apricots can do wonders for your skin, and adding them to your pregnancy diet can add to your pregnancy glow!
7• Promotes lactation: Apricots are beneficial during pregnancy and effective in naturally improving breast milk production.
Benefits of Eating Dried Apricot During Pregnancy
Dried apricots also have immense health benefits during pregnancy (1), and here are some of the benefits of consuming -
- • The high potassium content in apricots can effectively treat swelling experienced during pregnancy.
- • It is a good source of natural sugar, glucose, and fructose; hence, consuming dried apricots can help reduce sweet cravings during pregnancy.
- • Dried apricots can take care of your digestion issues.
- It is a rich source of calcium, which in turn helps in foetal bone development.
- • It helps effectively deal with heartburn, commonly experienced during pregnancy.
Risk of Eating Apricots in Pregnancy
The following are the risk of eating dried apricot during pregnancy -
- • If you consume unripe apricots, it may lead to discomfort and gastric problems in pregnant women.
- • Apricots can cause allergic reactions as it contains sulphur dioxide. So women with sulphur sensitivity should be careful while consuming apricot during pregnancy.
- • The tip apricot contains amygdalin.
- • The tip of the apricot fruit contains amygdalin, a chemical that may upset your system. Hence, you must consume apricot after removing its information to avail maximum benefit.
How to Eat Apricots in Pregnancy?
While there are multiple ways in which apricots can be eaten. It can be consumed as fresh or dry fruit. In addition, you can include apricots in your diet.
- • Consume it in smoothies, wherein you can soak apricots and figs and blend them with milk and ice cubes.
- • Add sliced apricots to your breakfast bowls like porridge, oats, or cereal to start your day on a nutritious note!
We recommend you consume apricots during pregnancy. But remember to do so in moderate quantities, as anything in excess is dangerous. Also, ensure you wash the fruit thoroughly to eliminate harmful chemicals. Finally, we hope that our article is informative and helpful!
MESSAGE FROM SUPERBOTTOMS
Welcome to SuperBottoms! As you browse our website, we want to share a special note from our team. We are proud to introduce ourselves as the creators of eco-friendly and cloth diapers for newborns. At SuperBottoms, our mission is to provide parents with a safe, comfortable, and affordable solution for their little ones. Our range of cloth diapers and other products are thoughtfully designed with both the environment and your baby's needs in mind. Join us on this sustainable parenting journey and discover the joy of using SuperBottoms!