Is your 2nd month of pregnancy already here, soon-to-be mommy? If not yet, you might want to gear up, as these 2 months bring mixed feelings. On the one hand, you may feel thrilled and excited, while on the other, you may feel anxious and worried. You are eager to learn about your baby’s development and know more about the symptoms that may occur in your 2nd month, which is also the first trimester of pregnancy, to be well prepared for it! Well, we have got you covered. This article provides a detailed guide on the 2-month pregnancy journey highlighting the symptoms and baby development.
2-Month Pregnancy Symptoms
Pregnancy symptoms are the most common occurrences throughout your nine-month journey. These symptoms are usually not a cause of concern and are primarily due to the significant changes in your body. But for that tiny little thing causing you a whole lot of symptoms, it may leave you feeling overwhelmed at times. Hence, to help you be more aware and prepared, we have listed the most common 2-month pregnancy symptoms below-
- ◾ Morning Sickness
One of the most common pregnancy symptoms is morning sickness, nausea, and vomiting. It usually occurs between 4-9 weeks of pregnancy. However, do not be fooled by the name “morning sickness” because this symptom can occur at any time of the day, and not just morning. To avoid morning sickness, maintaining a balanced diet, and avoiding oily and spicy foods can help to an extent. But that being said, not all expecting moms experience morning sickness, but if you do, then rest it out, stay hydrated, and remember that it is just a matter of time
- ◾ Mood Swings
Oh! That classic pregnancy symptom we have all seen in movies and tv serials is for real too! Pregnancy mood swings are majorly due to the surge of hormones in your body, which impacts your emotions. It is one of the most common 2-month pregnancy symptoms.
- ◾ Strong Food Aversions or Cravings
Yet another evergreen pregnancy symptoms are strong food aversions or craving. Certain foods that once delighted your tastebuds now end up triggering your nausea. Foods or smells you previously hated have somehow managed to appeal to you. If your food palette or appetite has changed, worry not; it will come back during your second trimester.
- ◾ Heartburn
The pregnancy hormones relax the valve which connects your stomach and oesophagus, causing the stomach acid to leak into your oesophagus, which may cause heartburn. Therefore, avoiding fried and spicy food is best to reduce heartburn.
- ◾ Constipation
Constipation is a 2-month pregnancy symptom caused by the hormone progesterone, which can slow digestion. Moreover, your prenatal vitamins can also cause constipation as they contain a lot of iron. Therefore, staying hydrated and active throughout is best to avoid constipation.
- ◾ Bloating
Back in those PMS days, when bloating was a common symptom during your monthly menstrual cycle, it was a classic early pregnancy symptom. So if you do not fit in your favorite jeans, blame it on your pregnancy hormones!
2-Month Pregnancy Baby Development
Al throughout pregnancy, your baby, touches several developmental milestones to get ready to live a life outside your womb. As parents-to-be, you should know your baby’s development at each stage. Hence we have listed the major baby development milestones in the 2-month pregnancy journey.
- ◾ Your little one starts to develop a tiny nose, mouth, and ears.
- ◾ Their eyelids would have formed, but they will remain shut until the later part of your second trimester.
- ◾ During the 2-month pregnancy, there is significant organ development, as your baby’s lungs are connecting to the throat, and the heart, which is yet to grow, is now beating about 105 beats per minute.
- ◾ The amniotic sac is now developed and filled with amniotic fluid to protect your little one until birth.
- ◾ Furthermore, at the end of your second month, your baby touches an essential milestone of graduating from an embryo to a foetus.
How Big Is Your Baby in 2 Months?
We know that as parents-to-be, you would be eager to learn about 2 months pregnant baby size; well, your baby is about half an inch long. So, to put it simply, your baby is about the size of a raspberry.
2-Month Pregnancy: Body Changes
At 2-month pregnancy, your body will not look dramatically different, and you will not even witness a prominent baby bump yet. But you will experience a lot of body changes, some of which we have listed below for you.
- ◾ You might experience sensitivity and soreness on your breasts as they look fuller.
- ◾ Your breast size would change, as they will likely gain at least 1 kg.
- ◾ During your first trimester, you will probably have a healthy weight gain.
2-Month Pregnancy Checklist
We have curated an exclusive 2-month pregnancy checklist for all you mommies-to-be. Bookmark this for yourself, or make a note of it for your future reference -
- ◾ If you have not already found out the date when you will meet your baby, the doctor will likely use a due-date calculator to estimate your due date at your first prenatal appointment.
- ◾ Mark all your prenatal appointments on the calendar to ensure you do not miss out on anyone.
- ◾ Focus on maintaining a healthy and balanced diet, and follow your doctor’s instructions on the intake of prenatal vitamins.
- ◾ Stay active throughout preganancy by walking or doing light exercises such as prenatal yoga. However, always consult your doctor before doing any exercises.
- ◾ Read up on morning sickness to be more alert and prepared, although not all moms-to-be experience morning sickness.
- ◾ Photograph the growth of your bump throughout.
- ◾ Decide to invest in reusable SuperBottoms UNO cloth diapers or disposable ones.
During this 2-month pregnancy journey, you may have a lot going on in your mind and body. But remember that your little one is touching major milestones as their tiny organs slowly develop. So while your pregnancy symptoms may be at their peak, you would want to keep yourself active and maintain and healthy and balanced diet to take care of yourself and your baby.