Parenting comes as a blessing, but a million responsibilities that come along might be exhausting and mentally draining. Choosing what’s best for your child is a huge responsibility and calls for a lot of research, gathering information, comparison, taking feedback and reviews from other parents in the same parenting stage, and then selecting the best alternative for your baby.
So, if you have already done that when it comes to the diapering journey of your child and are all set to embark on the journey of using reusable and washable cloth diapers, you are at the right place. This article will help you understand everything you need to know about washable baby cloth diapers, will help you with tips to buy washable cloth diapers, and will help you master the art of cloth diapering. Are you ready?
Expert Tips For Buying Washable Cloth Diapers For Babies
Here are some simple-sounding yet essential tips and a list of advice to help you choose the best washable cloth diapers in India.
1. There are different brands offering diapers of various sizes. You can choose the best cloth diaper that suits your baby’s weight and size. Or you can go for SuperBottoms UNO that fits from a newborn baby to the time your baby is up to 17 KGs and ready for their potty training journey.
2. There is a washable diaper for baby brands that are popular yet not certified vs brands that are certified by international bodies as safe for your babies. Look for CPSIA-certified cloth diapers to ensure stress-free and safe diapering.
3. Inserts are as important as the diapers themselves. Depending on whether your baby is a light or a heavy wetter, you will need to choose inserts too.
4. Do not fall for the cheap plastic-coated diapers that claim to be waterproof cloth diapers. Instead, buy only non-plastic waterproof and reusable cloth diapers from trustworthy brands such as SuperBottoms.
5. Washing supplies for a diaper is equally important. You might buy the best cloth diapers, but if you do not use suitable detergent and other supplies, you will end up reducing the life of your baby’s washable cloth diapers.
Absolute NOs For Using Washable Cloth Diapers
Just like there are some expert tips on using cloth diapers, there are some things you need to avoid to make your baby rash-free, the diaper stays as good as new for a long time, and you have an effortless diapering journey. So, here are some things you need to avoid as a cloth-diapering parent:
Limited Offers Ending Sooner - BUY NOW
Now or never offers live on the SuperBottoms website. Take advantage of the never-before Good Value for Money on our offer page! Stock up on the bestselling UNO diapers, accessories & other popular SuperBottoms baby and mom products now available in deals and discounts.
HURRY, the Deals are Live till stocks last!
1. Not Buying Enough Diapers – It does not take a massive stash of cloth diapers to exclusively cloth diapers. In fact, 16 diapers are all you need to never touch another disposable diaper again in life. But not having enough diapers will lead to a situation where the diapers are either in the laundry or drying and you need a clean diaper. This might force you to either use regular underwear and take your chances with spoiling the clothes, bedsheets, sofa covers etc. or go for a disposable diaper.
2. Not Changing Frequently – Leaving a soiled diaper on can lead to many skin and health issues. As a rule, even if the diaper is not soiled, it should be changed every 2 – 3 hours to avoid rashes and infections.
3. Not Washing The Diapers Properly – Overuse of detergent can be as harmful as using less detergent for cloth diapers. Use an adequate amount of cloth diaper detergent to avoid any build-up that can lead to skin allergies and rashes and reduce the life of the diapers. Using less than recommended detergent can lead to diapers not being clean enough for use and can lead to severe skin allergies.
4. Using Fabric Softeners Or Aroma Oils – Once the cloth diapers are properly washed, they do not stink of poop or pee. Therefore, adding aroma oils to the laundry is just a waste of those oils and does not do any good to your diapers. On the contrary, adding these oils or fabric conditioners and softeners leads o build-up and reduces the life and strength of the fabric in the diaper.
5. Using Only One Type Of Cloth Diaper – There are many different types of cloth diapers available for different stages of the cloth diapering and potty training journey. For a diaper-free time, potty training and transitioning phase, you can alter between UNO, SuperSoft Underwear, Padded Underwear and Nappies, depending upon the age and requirements of your baby.
So, we have equipped you with the top 10 tips you need to know to master the skill of cloth diapering. Remember that consistency and patience are the keys when it comes to cloth diapering. Out for a trip, at home, daycare, or at a relative’s house – avoid disposable diapers, and with simple adjustments, you can exclusively use cloth diapers effortlessly. Happy diapering! Happy parenting!
MESSAGE FROM SUPERBOTTOMS
Hola, New Moms and Dads! We at SuperBottoms ensure you have the best and safest products for your babies, no matter what corner of India or the world you are in. SuperBottoms is appropriate for your baby's sensitive skin throughout their Cloth Diapers journey, in any season, and also offers Padded Underwear for women. If you reside in Canada, Kuwait, the United States, Qatar, Hawaii, Bahrain, Armenia, the United Arab Emirates, or the Philippines, SuperBottoms is an essential product for you and your child.