Period pain, also known as dysmenorrhea, affects many women worldwide. It is estimated that up to 90% of women experience some degree of menstrual pain at some point in their reproductive lives. Various factors, including hormonal imbalances, pelvic inflammation, and uterine abnormalities, can cause dysmenorrhea.
During menstruation, many women look out for period pain relief tips to reduce aches caused by the contracting of the uterus to help shed its lining. These contractions are triggered by the hormone prostaglandin, produced by the uterus lining. Women who experience painful periods tend to have higher levels of prostaglandins, which can cause intense cramping and discomfort.
In addition to physical factors, psychological factors can also play a role in menstrual pain. Continue reading as this article by SuperBottoms will help you learn how to reduce period pain, what are some of the period pain relief medicine and what to do in periods pain.
5 Effective Tips On How To Reduce Period Pain
Here are 5 effective tips on how to reduce period pain:
1. Heat therapy: Applying heat to the lower abdomen is one of the best remedies for period pain as it can help relax muscles and reduce cramping. You can use a heating pad, a hot water bottle, or a warm bath or shower to ease menstrual pain.
2. Exercise: During menstruation, strenuous exercise and activities that involve jumping or bouncing, such as running and high-impact sports, may increase discomfort and lead to more severe cramps. Focus on gentle exercises, such as walking or yoga, can help reduce menstrual pain by increasing blood flow and releasing endorphins, the body's natural painkillers.
However, before you begin, ensure you are using the proper period pads to protect you from leaks during activity. Look for reusable cotton pads with a high absorbency level, such as SuperBottoms Flow Lock Cloth Period Pads, that provide maximum protection.
3. Diet: A healthy diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains can help reduce menstrual pain. It is also essential to stay hydrated and limit caffeine and alcohol intake, which can exacerbate menstrual symptoms. However, after practising all the period pain relief tips, if it still does not subside, then make sure you try your hands on home remedies for period pain.
4. Manage Stress: What to do in a period pain is one of the concerns that many women who are going through their periods have. Since stress and anxiety may worsen menstrual pain, learning to get rid of period pain by managing stress effectively is essential. You can try meditation, deep breathing exercises, or other relaxation techniques to reduce stress and ease menstrual pain.
5. Right Period Essentials: Wearing right period essentials, including period underwear, can help provide comfort, protection, and peace of mind during menstrual pain. Look for period underwear that is both comfortable and provides the appropriate level of support during menstruation.
Limited Offers Ending Sooner - BUY NOW
Now or never offers live on the SuperBottoms website. Take advantage of the never-before discounts & deals on our offer page! Stock up on the bestselling UNO diapers, accessories & other popular SuperBottoms baby and mom products now available in deals and discounts.
HURRY, the deals are live till stocks last!
Period underwear, such as SuperBottoms MaxAbsorb Period Underwear, gives more protection on those difficult days since it is made of 60% premium plant-based (bamboo) fabric, 35% cotton, and 5% lycra.
It comes with a four-layer protection, where the first layer consists of bamboo and lycra, which quickly draws the blood away to the subsequent layers, keeping you dry and comfortable. The second layer and third layers are the absorption layers made of cotton terry.
The outer layer has a laminated finish to keep the underwear from leaking and staining your clothes. It is a unique combination that makes reusable period underwear super soft, breathable, and stretchy that feels comfortable against the skin.
Recommend Period Pain Relief Medicine
There are several period pain relief tips and medicines that can be used for period pain. Here are a few examples:
1. Acetaminophen (Tylenol) can relieve mild to moderate menstrual pain.
2. Aspirin can also be used for menstrual pain, but it is not recommended in individuals under 18 due to the risk of Reye's syndrome.
3. Combination medications that contain both pain relievers and caffeine, such as Midol and Pamprin, can also be effective in relieving menstrual pain.
It's important to talk to a healthcare provider before taking any medication for menstrual pain, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking other medications. It's also essential to follow the recommended dosage and avoid taking more than the recommended amount.
There are several treatment options available for menstrual pain, including over-the-counter pain relievers, hormonal contraceptives, and non-pharmacological interventions such as exercise and relaxation techniques, etc. However, women who experience severe or debilitating menstrual pain should consult a healthcare provider to rule out any underlying medical conditions and to develop an individualized treatment plan.
MESSAGE FROM SUPERBOTTOMS
SuperBottoms has become a household name among parents looking for environmentally friendly diapering, everyday wear, and bumwear. It is, however, more than just a baby essentials brand. Instead, we offer a variety of services to new mothers and women. SuperBottoms is a must-have for you and your child if you live in Canada, Kuwait, the United States, Qatar, Hawaii, Bahrain, Armenia, the United Arab Emirates, or the Philippines.