As more and more people choose sustainability and mindful consumption over the carefree use of plastic and environmentally harmful products, reusable and biodegradable products are becoming increasingly popular. Many people lately are choosing a lifestyle that supports saving the environment; parents are choosing cloth diapers over disposable diapers, and many women are choosing reusable sanitary pads over disposable pads. But the question arises, "Are reusable sanitary pads safe?". This article will help you understand the difference between reusable pads and disposable and why reusable pads are a better and safe choice. Read on!
There are many advantages of reusable sanitary pads as your menstrual hygiene partner, making them a better choice than disposable pads. However, the variety of reusable sanitary pads India offers is minimal; thus, this decision becomes even more difficult. Here are the reasons why washable, reusable pads are better and safer.
Reusable Cotton Sanitary Pads Are Environment Friendly
During the whole menstrual life of a woman, with all the years she bleeds, she uses, on average, twelve thousand to sixteen thousand sanitary pads, tampons, or panty liners. All these end up in landfills and take several hundred years to decompose. On the other hand, reusable cotton sanitary pads are made of cloth, are biodegradable, and are not made using any plastic or contain any harsh chemicals to convert the blood into a gel or keep it in. Thus, they are as safe for the environment as they are for your skin and menstrual health.
Limited Offers Ending Sooner - BUY NOW
Now or never offers live on the SuperBottoms website. Take advantage of the never-before discounts & deals on our offer page! Stock up on the bestselling UNO diapers, accessories & other popular SuperBottoms baby and mom products now available in deals and discounts.
HURRY, the deals are live till stocks last!
Reusable Sanitary Pads Are Healthier
Cloth pads lead to fewer rashes and skin infections than disposable pads. This is because disposable pads are manufactured using plastics, wool pulp, synthetic fibers, synthetic chemicals, chlorine, pesticides, and artificial fragrances. These can lead to hormone disruption, skin allergies, reproductive diseases, and sometimes even cancer. Cotton pads made of cloth that can be washed and reused do not contain any chemicals and are safe for your skin and reproductive health.
Reusable Sanitary Pads Are Cheaper In Longer Run
If you go for even the best reusable sanitary pads available, they will still be cheaper than one large pack of disposable pads that will last you 3 – 4 months at max. But on the other hand, if properly washed and maintained, reusable sanitary pads can last for years and save you a lot of money. Thus, washable, reusable pads are much cheaper in the long run than disposable pads.
Reusable Sanitary Pads Saves You the Embarrassment Of Leaks And Stains
If you are concerned that the cloth is not waterproof and thus the blood can leak to the other end and leave stains on your undergarments or the apparel you are wearing, be at ease! Because reusable Flow Lock Cloth Pads come with a waterproof outer lining that avoids leaks and stains.
Reusable Cloth Pads Do Not Stink
The disposable pads have added perfumes and fragrances. This is because when the menstrual blood comes in contact with the pad, the chemicals in the disposable pad will make it stink. This is not an issue with cloth pads. Cloth pads are fresher as compared to disposable ones and do not stink.
How To Wash Reusable Pads
Washing cloth pads are similar to washing cloth diapers or any cloth item, with just one additional step. Here is how you can wash the reusable pads and ensure 100% hygiene.
• Rinse the blood and clots, if any, on the pad under running water. Then, soak the cloth pads in detergent water to remove the menstrual blood for ten to fifteen minutes.
• Gently scrub the pads after squeezing out the water. After this, you can wash your pads in a washing machine or hand wash them with regular laundry.
• Line dry the pads under adequate sunlight to kill all bacteria.
• Avoid washing the pads in hot water or using harsh detergents to wash the pads. Also, do not use a stiff brush to scrub the pads, as that will damage the fabric and reduce the life of the pads.
• You can use Cloth Diaper Detergent to wash washable sanitary pads, as they are similar products in nature, and the washing do's and don'ts for both are the same.
1) Flow Lock Cloth Pads are sustainable and better for your skin, your menstrual hygiene, and the environment.
2) Reusable sanitary pads are cheaper in the long run and help you save a lot of money.
3) Following a proper wash routine will ensure complete hygiene and longevity of the cloth pads.
MESSAGE FROM SUPERBOTTOMS - Greetings, new parents! It is SuperBottoms' goal to provide parents with high-quality products that are designed for parents by parents. The result is that SuperBottoms are of exceptional quality, Suitable for newborn babies and new mothers everywhere, including India, Qatar, the UAE, Canada, the United States, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait, and Bahrain.