Gone are those days when cloth diapering were just soft muslin cloth folded into triangles and wrapped around the baby like a loin cloth. Cloth diapers or waterproof nappies have moved to brands and come in fancy and colourful prints. What’s more, you ask us? These cloth nappies promise the best of both worlds - leakproof and highly absorbent, just like disposable diapers, and eco-friendly and chemical-free, like traditional cloth diapers.
These cloth nappies carry the old school benefits while giving a modern age comfort. So if you are looking for waterproof nappies for your baby but want to make an informed choice, this article is for you! This article will take you through the benefits of cloth diapers and a beginner's guide on using cloth diapers (1). So let's get started!
Are Cloth Diapers Better Than Disposable Modern Cloth Nappies?
Choosing between cloth and disposable diapers depends on your finances and lifestyle choices. Diapers play a massive role in a baby’s life, at least for the first few years until they are potty-trained. On average, a newborn baby needs at least 6-12 diapers daily, especially in the early weeks after birth.(2) Stocking up on disposable diapers well in advance would be best, which can go heavy on your pocket. However, waterproof nappies or cloth diapers are budget-friendly and reusable.
In addition, cloth diapers are eco-friendly, unlike disposable diapers and are also free from chemicals, hence completely safe for your baby’s delicate bums! But yet again, reusable diapers must be washed every 2-3 days. SuperBottoms Cloth Diaper Detergent is a saviour. We offer India’s only cloth diaper detergent in the form of laundry sheets, which helps clean tough stains without harsh chemicals.
Types of Cloth Diapers
If you are going for waterproof nappies or cloth diapers, you need to be aware of the various types of cloth diapers available out there:
1. Flats: These are the most basic type of cloth nappies, large square pieces of fabric available in varieties such as hemp, bamboo, and terrycloth. To use flats, you must fold and tuck them in or hold them together with pins or clasps. First, however, you need a waterproof diaper on top of it to contain the wetness.
2. Prefolds: These closely resemble the cloth diapers of the past. Characterized by a thick center of extra fabric layers, all stitched together to fold, pre-folds are among the least expensive reusable cloth diapers.
3. Fitteds: Fitteds, also known as fitted cloth diapers, are contoured in shape and highly absorbent. These are most commonly used for overnight use and heavy wetters. Fitteds do not require any foldings, and there is elastic around the legs and snaps or loop closures.
As the name suggests, hybrid gives you the best of both worlds. First, it combines disposable with reusable, as hybrid cloth diapers have a waterproof outer layer and two inner layers for absorbency. In addition, the cloth inserts are available in cotton, hemp and microfiber fabrics, while the disposable inserts are single-use but free from chemicals.
4. All-in-One: These come with an absorbent pad attached to a waterproof cover making diaper changes as easy as disposable diapers. All-in-one cloth diapers come with adjustable closures which fasten at the hip with velcro, snaps, hooks or loops. These diapers come in many different patterns and colours.
5. All-in-Two: Like hybrids cloth diapers, this is a two-part system with a waterproof outer shell and a detachable inner absorbent that snaps or tucks in place. All-in-two cloth diapers are available in different colours and fabrics.
Benefits of Cloth Diapers
Here are some of the benefits of using waterproof nappies or cloth diapers for your babies:
1. Budget-Friendly: As mentioned earlier, cloth diapers are washable and reusable. Hence unlike disposable diapers, you do not need to hoard dozens simultaneously. Instead, you can buy a few newborn diapers and reuse them multiple times. So it doesn't touch your pocket.
2. Reduces your carbon footprint: Disposable diapers require 20 times more raw materials than reusable ones. And using more natural materials drives up gas prices, and a lot of gas is used to transport billions of disposable diapers. Moreover, after these disposable diapers are discarded after 1 use, more gas is used by garbage companies to haul them to landfills. In short, switching to cloth diapers can reduce the carbon footprint and make a massive environmental difference.
Limited Offers Ending Sooner - BUY NOW
Now or never offers live on the SuperBottoms website. Take advantage of the never-before Good Value for Money on our offer page! Stock up on the bestselling UNO diapers, accessories & other popular SuperBottoms baby and mom products now available in deals and discounts.
HURRY, the Deals are Live till stocks last!
3. Less harmful chemicals: Disposable diapers are made of materials and chemicals linked to adverse health outcomes in babies, such as endocrine disruption, obesity, and cancer. On the other hand, cloth diapers are free from chemicals or harmful toxins, making them entirely safe for babies.
4. Pro-Tip: One of the best ways to prevent diaper rashes is to give your baby diaper-free time. Make your baby wear SuperBottoms dry feel langot, which comes with gentle elastics, and soak up to 1 pee!
5. Easier to potty train: Using cloth diapers may cause your child to be ready for potty training at an earlier age. This is because they do not experience the same dry feeling as they do when they use disposables.
6. Reduces diaper rash: Babies end up with diaper rash for several reasons, which include reactions to chemicals in disposable diapers. However, cloth diapers help to reduce diaper rashes because, firstly, they are changed frequently. Secondly, there are no harmful chemicals, and lastly, the natural fibre in cloth diapers is softer and gentle on the baby’s sensitive skin.
More Comfortable: Cloth diapers are breathable, stretchy, and hence more comfortable for babies, unlike disposable diapers. Moreover, they come with adjustable snaps allowing the diapers to fit the baby depending on their body type.
We hope that our article has been insightful. Buying the best diapers for your baby is essential to ensure they have no allergies or rashes. And waterproof nappies or cloth diapers are an ideal choice for your babies, as they are pocket-friendly and free of harmful toxins!
MESSAGE FROM SUPERBOTTOMS
Hola, New Moms and Dads! We at SuperBottoms ensure you have the best and safest products for your babies, no matter what corner of India or the world you are in. SuperBottoms is appropriate for your baby's sensitive skin throughout their Cloth Diapers journey, in any season, and also offers Padded Underwear for kids. If you reside in Canada, Kuwait, the United States, Qatar, Hawaii, Bahrain, Armenia, the United Arab Emirates, or the Philippines, SuperBottoms is an essential product for you and your child.